You may think that the classic roast beef is a difficult main course to prepare. But in reality, you will be surprised how simple it can be. This Holiday season, treat your loved ones with the Perfect Roast Beef.
A Perfect Roast Beef starts with Good Meat
To start you need a good piece of meat. At Gaucho Ranch, we supply only grass-fed, free-range & organic meats from humanely treated animals. For this recipe, we recommend our Eye of Round Roast ‘La Pampeana’. A succulent beef cut from cattle freely grazed in the famous Pampas of Argentina. Needless to say, you will also need fresh herbs and spices you most likely already have in your pantry.
Let’s cut to the chase and start gathering your ingredients! Shall we? For the Perfect Roast Beef for this Christmas follows this recipe:
- 1 (4-lb.) round roast
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub all over roast.
- Place roast in a roasting pan fitted with a roasting rack. Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325°F and roast 1 hour 45 minutes more for medium or 2 hours for medium-well done.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest from 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
Prepare some French Dip Sliders or just eat it straight cold from the fridge. The Gaucho Squad is not here to judge you. In fact, we encourage you to enjoy the art of eating meat, but of course in a healthy and conscious way!
For more high-quality meat cuts like the Eye of Round Roast, visit our Gaucho Ranch Grill Boutique
This recipe appears on www.Delish.com