Mahi Mahi is a powerhouse of healthy protein that helps the body to reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer, fight inflammation, and maintain healthy functions. The Gaucho Squad is obsessed with this fish. That’s why we want to share with you three incredible sauces that create an otherworldly experience once you mix them with the sweet taste of Mahi Mahi.
Homemade Citrus Cranberry Sauce
This bittersweet combination of small chunks of orange along with orange and lemon zest gives a bright and fresh flavor to the traditional cranberry sauce.
- Two oranges (medium)
- One lemon
- 1 pound cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Grate 1 teaspoon of orange and lemon zest. Then cut the orange into segments and then into thirds, then put everything together in a bowl.
- Mix the lemon and orange with the cranberry in a pan with sugar at medium-low heat and bring to a boil until it thickens and all cranberries have popped.
- Let it cool to room temperature for at least 3 hours. You can make this several days ahead if you like — it keeps well in the refrigerator for a week.
This is the perfect sauce for anything grilled. Chimichurri Sauce adds a touch of freshness to any meal, and everyone always asks for more.
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves (packed, about 1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves (packed, about 1 bunch)
- 1 garlic clove (each, peeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Combine parsley, cilantro, garlic, salt, cumin, and crushed red pepper flakes with olive oil and vinegar and slice everything into tiny slices.
- Then mix until fully incorporated. This sauce can be made up to a day in advance by omitting the vinegar and adding it right before serving. After your Mahi Mahi is seared, grilled, or baked, you can slice, spoon the rest over it, and then serve.
If you want to save time, you can order Garland Food’s Chimichurri Sauce on our online store 24/7.
A creamy and buttery choice that mixed with the acidity of the lemon juice will make all the flavors in the Mahi Mahi pop up.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large free-range egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Then combine egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt in a blender and mix until everything looks smooth.
- Incorporate melted butter until it thickens and becomes warm. Then adjust the condiment with salt and pepper if needed. This sauce is better if served right away.
Now you have plenty of options to delight yourself and try the proclaimed Mahi Mahi. Remember you can find it in our Wild Caught Seafood section in both versions, Skewers and Steaks. Order yours now, go to www.GauchoRanch.com