During these busy times, having quality time with your family is important so save time in the kitchen with this Southern-style pork chop recipe. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner and so easy to make.
These pork chops will come out so delicious that your family will ask for more.
Start heating your skillet! Here’s the recipe 👇
Smothered Pork Chops Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 4 thick, bone-in pork chops (click here to order Florida Fresh Farms’ Pastured Pork Chops Bone In)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Season pork chops all over with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, mix together flour with garlic powder and chili powder. Coat pork chops in flour, shaking off excess. Reserve 2 tablespoons seasoned flour.
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, heat 1/4 cup oil until shimmering. In batches, cook pork chops until golden, 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate. Wipe out the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium low, pour in remaining oil, and add onions. Season with more salt and pepper and cook until very soft and slightly caramelized, 15-20 minutes. Add butter and let melt, then sprinkle in reserved flour. Cook until flour is no longer raw, about a minute. Stir in chicken broth and heavy cream and bring to a simmer, until sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Return pork chops to skillet and cook until pork is cooked through, about 10 minutes more.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.