No Products in the Cart
Grass-fed short ribs are a wonder of nature! This recipe
also includes our sugar-free bacon which makes the dish absolutely irresistible. Enjoy!
Recipe Author: Hayley and Bill/Primal Palate.
3 pieces Bacon, crumbled, reserve greas
1 1/2 Tbsp Bacon Grease
3/4 cup Beef Broth
8 cloves Garlic, smashed
2 3/4 lb Beef Short Ribs
1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
1/2 tsp Chipotle Powder, to taste.
1. Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet on medium heat until crispy.
2. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside.
3. Turn heat up to medium high and sear short ribs on either side in the hot skillet, about 1-2 minutes a side. Just enough to get a good brown on them.
4. Sear two ribs at a time, adding more bacon grease as needed.
5. Place the first four ribs in the bottom of the crock pot, season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and chipotle.
6. Top with 4 garlic cloves, and repeat with the remaining short ribs.
7. Top all the ribs with the crumbled bacon, and pour in the beef stock.
8. Cover and cook in crock pot on high for 5-6 hours. The meat will be done when it is tender and falls off the bone.